Wednesday, November 02, 2005

37 Months

Scooter Libby has some very hard decisions to make. The Bush admin has 37 months to go. Libby can probably expect to get a pardon from second term pres GWB sometime after the 2008 election.

So, the question becomes will it take much less that 37 months for the trial to take place? Appeals may also keep him out of jail for some period of time after trial.

Also, Libby will be tried in DC, where the Jury will be dominated by black women. Only 5% of black women in DC voted for Bush, so I don't think he will get the benefit of any doubt at trial.

Decisions, decisions.

< Link to follow >

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a black woman, but I do live in DC. The though of being on the jury pool for this give me both the hives and a thrill. Of course once the voir dire me - I would never be allowed on the jury. My punishment would be to behead him and put his head on a pike at the 14th Street bridge as a warning to all those that enter.

11/03/2005 07:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home